Carers have often mentioned to us that it would be beneficial to be able to listen to information while they are engaged in other activities such as exercise or watering the garden as it can be easier to absorb information this way.
The Shared Table content is also available to listen to without having to be in front of your computer.
Supportive Meal Therapy Training for Carers:
Supportive Meal Therapy Training for Carers engaged in FBT:
Other Resources which may be helpful:
- Skills-based Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsley Method, by Janet Treasure, Grainne Smith, Anna Clark. Second Edition.
- 8 Keys to Recovery from An Eating Disorder: Effective Strategies from Therapeutic Practice and Personal Experience, by Carolyn Costin, Gwen Schubert Grabb.
- Survive FBT: Skills Manual for Parents Undertaking Family Based Treatment (FBT) for Child and Adolescent Anorexia Nervosa by Maria Ganci.
- My Kid is Back: Empowering Parents to Beat Anorexia Nervosa by June Alexander (with Prof. Daniel Le Grange).
(These books are available to borrow or purchase through EDQ)
Websites of interest:
- Eating Disorders Queensland edq.org.au
- Queensland Eating Disorder Service (QuEDs) qld.gov.au/health/services/specialists/queensland-eating-disorder-service-queds
- Child and Youth Mental Health Service Eating Disorder Program childrens.health.qld.gov.au/service-eating-disorders-team/
- Eating Disorders Carer Help Kit eatingdisorderscarerhelpkit.com.au
- Eva Musby anorexiafamily.com
- FEAST feast-ed.org
- The Butterfly Foundation thebutterflyfoundation.org.au
Further carer programs and websites of interest are listed on the EDQ website www.edq.org.au